9.14.2012

Exiles' Cafe Recording Journal, Day 2 and 3

I didn't get to post yesterday - it was a long 7-hour session, with some guests in the studio at the end of the afternoon. But it was a terrific day. We finished the big pieces before lunch, and spent the afternoon on a lot of lovely miniatures. And finished the whole project, a day ahead of schedule! Which means that today (Friday) I'm sitting with Dan Merceruio doing edits - actually watching him do edits, very very quickly!

This is going to be a lovely record, if I do say so myself. Here are some highlights from the past few days:

  • A superb piano, courtesy of Steinway & Sons, really just a perfect ride.
  • The unbelievable technician services of John Veitch, who is a pianist himself and has a musician's ears and sensibilities.
  • A beautiful studio facility at Sono Luminus, and the rock-steady support of Dan Merceruio as my trusted producer/therapist/third ear. 
  • Many bad jokes, good sushi, geeky music gossip.
I'll have more news about the album coming up very soon, stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment